This post is a quick guide to getting started with Item Attributes. It’s not perfect, because we don’t have perfect knowledge of this feature from Etsy yet, but contains what we either know or suspect. I’ll update it as I find out new info.
- Item Attributes are currently being rolled out to all shops (as of 24 Feb 2017)
- Attributes are optional but recommended
- Attributes vary by category, currently not by very much
- Attribute values in dropdowns are quite limited, but everyone will be in the same situation, so pick the best fit.
- IAR (Item Attribute Relevancy) either is now a factor in search or will be soon. You are likely to be disadvantaged if you ignore these fields altogether
- Use of SKUs has almost certainly no impact on search. If they do, I’m packing up, retiring and becoming a life coach.
Got anything else we need to know? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it to the list.